|HOME||HELP||CW STORE||Register YOUR Domain $14.95!||NEWSLETTER||UPDATES|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I can't find my web page and the URL looks right, what's wrong?
This is a very common problem. At Crosswinds, all the URL's look like this: http://www.crosswinds.net/~membername/
If you still can't find your page, Contact Us and we'll assist you in any way possible.
2. I have created the World's Best Web Page, but where do I go to upload it?
You have two options now. The first is to use the on-line file upload capabilities of the Homepage Utilities. In the Members area, there is a link called Homepage Utilities that will take you to an entry screen. Filling in the appropriate information that you got when you registered, you will enter a screen where you can do basic file stuff. For more detailed information, see the Homepage Utilities Tutorial.
The second is to use standard FTP. You will require an FTP program on your computer. You would then connect to ftp.crosswinds.net and use your membername for logging in. For more detailed information, see the FTP Tutorial.
3. What are the rules about what I can do and can't do on my homepage?
See the Terms of Service.
4. Can I add my own CGI programs to my homepage? Perl?
We do not allow members to use their own cgi scripts, or Perl. There are too many security concerns to allow this. We will shortly be offering a library of scripts that members can access.
5. Does Crosswinds support FrontPage or other MicroSoft extensions?
We do not support FrontPage or other MS extensions. There are just too many sercurity issues involved for us to support them.
6. Do you allow members to use SSI, PHP?
We don't allow member SSI or PHP, sorry. The resource issue is simply that the use of these would be a tremendous drain on the servers and would in turn slow everything down.
7. I have a domain name now, can I use it with my Crosswinds account?